Hello Crafters, welcome back.
Today I’ve decided to share with you a post I have wanted to do for a while now. My most popular video on youtube is my original DIY printed candle video where I show how you can take a regular candle and either some sharpie pens or a printer, some greaseproof paper or wax paper and a heat tool to make an amazing customised candle. I love this method of decorating candles, you can even use printed photographs or children’s drawings to make great gifts. You can see the original video here.
For a while now I have been thinking that it would be fun to take some of my regular card making supplies and use them to decorate a candle so that is exactly what I did. I’ve used a stencil, some stamps, ink, spectrum noir alcohol markers and dies to make a super cute candle.
*additional images at the end of the post
So how does it work?
Essentially you are creating a scene on tracing paper and then melting that tracing paper into a wax candle. The candle can still be used and doesn’t just become purely decorative.
I have a video showing this process step by step and a full list of supplies below the video.
I will also be uploading a video in the next few days showing how to make boxes for these candles so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss it.
- Lawn Fawn – Grassy Boarder Die
- Mamma Elephant – Tiny Heroes Stamps and Dies
- Tracing paper
- Simon Says Stamp – Masking Paper (sticky notes could also be used)
- Wax paper, greaseproof paper works just as well
- Tim Holtz – Bricked Stencil
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
- My Favourite Things Wild Cherry ink
- Simon Says Stamp Beanstalk Green ink
- Heat tool
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink Markers;
- CT2 & CT3 for the capes, eye masks, gloves and boots
- TN2, FS3, FS2 for the skin with CR3 as a highlight on the cheeks
- GB2 & GB8 for the hair
- GB8 & GB9 for the cat
- TB1 & TB2 for the dress
For the bonus candle I show at the end of the video I used:
- Simon Says Stamp – Flowers On My Mind Stamps Dies
- Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink Ink
- Simon Says Stamp Goldenlocks ink
- Simon Says Stamp Lavender ink
- Wax paper
- Heat tool
- Masking tape